medjet.gifCanada's Medical International Technology hopes to get a head start on its rivals by setting up a JV in Taizhou, Jiangsu province.

Taizhou is a city of 4m souls and while it may not mean much to most westerners, it is being promoted as “China's medical city.” Under a sweeping sector reorganisation that can only happen in China, many pharmaceutical and medical technology companies have already relocate to Taizhou.

Taizhou's biggest claim to fame to date is as the home town of China's current president Hu Jintao. But as well as growing number of medical business, the city also has a pharmaceutical science park, a traditional Chinese medicine research institute.

MIT specialise is needle-free injectable technology (pictured) for both human and animal use, and the Chinese JV will concentrate on assembling the animal version of its needle-free injector for sale to Chinese market.

Called Hualan MIT Medical Technology (MIT China), the JV will be 49% owned by MIT Canada with Chinese partners having the remaining 51%.

Technorati : , , , , , ,

email